The initial proposal of the Chair included a yearly PM2 Talks with the next structure:
- Three lectures by well-known professionals or academics in the field of project management.
- A round table to encourage debate and discussion on the strengths and opportunities to improve the methodology.
- A practical exercise for attendees that allows them to put into practice the concepts learned during the activity.
The PM2 Talks have been designed to be a meeting and discussion point among the different target groups. This will allow the exchange of experiences and different points of view that will benefit all participants.
The conditions derived from the COVID_19 pandemic have made the people in charge of the Chair investigate new forms, models and structures that allow involving the largest possible number of people in the debate and improvement of the PM2 methodology.
Apart from the evolution of the COVID_19 pandemic and the possibility of holding workshops in the future like the proposal includes, we think that the ideal is to stablish collaborations between the Chair and other institutions and companies to develop and participate in debates related to the practical use of the PM2 methodology. One of them is the PM2 Alliance.
PM² Talk - EMACON - March 2021
The PM2 methodology allows the use of a language and a way of managing projects common to all EU member states. The Ministry of Defence participates and leads projects in collaboration with other allies, for which having a common tool developed by the European Commission itself can be an advantage in terms of efficiency and operability.
The webinar will present the fundamental bases of project management, the singularities and ways of working of other armies in terms of project management and will outline the structure and content of the PM2 methodology developed by the European Commission.
The activity, co-organised by the Jean Monnet PM2EU+ Chair and EMACON (Plans Division / Force Plans Section) will be carried out in an online format, providing all participants with the necessary documentation to follow it, which has been available in open and free format (OpenPM2) for the last three years.
In the flyer you can consult more details about the activity that is part of the PM2 Talks that the Chair is holding on an ongoing basis, aiming to reach the largest possible number of potential PM2 users.
The activity was attended by civilian and military personnel linked to the Joint Defence Staff, the Army General Staff, the Air Staff, the Navy General Staff, the Directorate General of Armaments and Material, etc.
PM² Coffee - Dec 2020
On 10 December 2020 a new PM² Talks was held in collaboration with PM² Alliance Spain to discuss the development of the PM² Alliance 2020 International Conference "Moving Forward: The PM² Advantage".
The call was carried out using the platform provided by Linkedin and was attended by more than 100 professionals related to the world of project management and from a wide range of backgrounds (public sector, training consultants, European Commission officials, etc.)
You can consult the main findings at the following link:
PM² Alliance 2020 International Conference
This year 2020 the PM² Alliance 2020 International Conference "Moving Forward: The PM² Advantage" will be held. Organized by the PM2 Alliance, this year's conference will take place in a virtual format and will involve professionals, trainers and experts in the PM² methodology, who will share their personal experiences in the use of the PM² methodology and the benefits they bring to their organizations.
Presentations and discussions will focus on the use of best practices and project management methodologies that help organizations meet the challenges of project execution, customer engagement and management of contractors and subcontractors.
The Jean Monnet PM2EU+ Chair will have a very active presence and will participate directly in the following session:
- The Open PM² Jean-Monnet Chair Initiative. December 02, 2020. In this session there will be an international presentation of the chair, its main objectives, the actions planned for the next four years and some reflections on the possibilities of OpenPM2.
PM² Coffee - Nov 2020
We are going to start with an informative activity - broadcast as an event on LinkedIn - on the 19th at 7pm coffee talk (or tea) with PM² Alliance Spain
- You already know that Open PM² is the European Commission's Project Management Methodology.
- You are aware that it is very interesting, but you don't know exactly what it is or where to look for information.
- You would like someone to tell you more.
- On November 19th at 7pm we will be talking about Open PM² with three people who have been working with Open PM² for some time now.
- We'll tell you where the resources are to start learning the methodology; some things about the Alliance 2020 PM² Conference to get the most out of it; training options in Open PM² and more.
- It's all about starting a conversation with the community interested in PM². It's not a presentation, nor a webinar, just a chat over coffee, or tea or whatever you want, which is what it's all about.
- The talk is open, free and does not require prior registration. If you see that you are interested, put it on your calendar and come by.
In all these posts and publications, PM2 and OpenPM2 are used indistinctly to refer to the Project Management Methodology developed by the European Commission (free and open since the end of 2016). It could be understood that the name PM2 would correspond to an internal use of the Commission and the name OpenPM2 by the rest of the users.